sneakerman 17:55 01 Apr 04

I have downloded and installed the Beta XP SP2, I cannot find out in the accompanying help files if the built in firewall either blocks or warns of outgoing connections, Does anyone know?

It will "Block" all outgoing connections and show a splash screen giving you the option of allowing them or not. Check your settings from the (new) icon on the taskbar.

powerless 18:31 01 Apr 04

So it downloaded then?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:36 01 Apr 04

Can anyone dload this?

powerless 18:40 01 Apr 04

This SP2 yes...

But be careful and make backups beore installing.

click here

Its not final.

Yes - thank you for the link.

And very pleased (so far) with it too. No problems apart from resetting all of Norton Firewalls access rules and I have not yet attempted to set up the wireless network with my laptop but so far so good and I am not expecting any problems.

Download took just 1hr 20 mins!

powerless 21:23 01 Apr 04

New Wireless networking thingeee and the icon on the taskbar is good.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:38 01 Apr 04

Few questions if i install this can it be removed after? and do i need to reactivate xp after install.

powerless 22:41 01 Apr 04

Few questions if i install this can it be removed after? - Yes

and do i need to reactivate xp after install - no

sneakerman 00:41 02 Apr 04

strangely, I had 12 days to activate windows and now I have 30 - happy days! maybe I will reinstall it and get another 30 - just kidding!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…