XP SP 3 Restore Points?

provider 2 17:25 29 Aug 08

Has anybody had a look to check on their restore points since installing Sp 3?

I`ve just noticed that all of mine, for the past two months or so, automatic and Software Distribution, have gone.

There is one for to-day, but that`s it. Is it just me or is this an issue with SP 3?

Mr Mistoffelees 17:35 29 Aug 08

Just looked at mine. Loads of restore points going back to mid July.

I have had SP3 installed since it was released.

provider 2 17:42 29 Aug 08

Could it be that the installation of Sp 3 has wiped all the SP 2 restore points? I installed it only a few days ago,but didn`t anticipate that the SP 2 restore points might not be of any use.

provider 2 17:49 29 Aug 08

It`s mentioned here but with reference to only one restore point being kept. I think I must have had about twenty of them, never having interfered with XP Sp 2`s allocation of space for them.

provider 2 17:55 29 Aug 08
  provider 2 18:48 29 Aug 08

Does it have something to do with the release date? Is the latest version of XP SP 3 deliberately modified to clear out SP 2 restore points? Are the old restore points still valid (if you still have them), or a possible source of trouble if you try to use them?

Roadgiant 22:08 29 Aug 08

Sp3 came through on an automatic update for me on Tuesday, installed it, no problem and all my restore points are sill there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…