XP Sound Problem

Newbolt 14:55 26 Feb 06

Hello - Running Windows XP [reinstalled yesterday]and since then no on board sound. No separate sound card. Have gone into Device Manager and installed a driver for an AC 97 Audio Device [there wasn't one before], and it is now telling me 'This device cannot start [Code 10]'. The motherboard is an Elite KS75A. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AC97 driver, and a restart - no good. There is still a yellow explanation mark by it in Device Manager.

jimv7 15:13 26 Feb 06

Go to the Elite motherboard site and download the ac97 driver for your motherboard.

Try click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:13 26 Feb 06

Check Onboard sound is not disabled in BIOS.

Newbolt 15:29 26 Feb 06

Thanks for these responses - I can't find an AC97 download at the Elite site for my board - but have only just downloaded one via the net for the driver, about an hour ago from the device manager option in xp. On board sound is enabled on the BIOS.

Newbolt 15:51 26 Feb 06

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

jimv7 16:14 26 Feb 06

Search for your board on the site and download the motherboard drivers, included will be the sound drivers.

Newbolt 17:00 26 Feb 06

jimv7 - thanks - downloaded to a CD and tried to update AC97 driver from that - still no good. Also tried disabling then re-enabling on board sound on the bios - also no good

jimv7 17:15 26 Feb 06

You might have to actually run the install for the mobo drivers instead of updating the sound drivers.

oldal 17:42 26 Feb 06

Are you looking for KS75A ? . I think it should be K7S5A. I have this M/B working with AC97 sound and XP.
If you still can't find it contact me via the "yellow envelope" and I'll send you a copy of the driver from my M/B CD.

Methedrine 17:43 26 Feb 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now