XP Sound crackle in Media player NOT in RealPlayer

Garfield 20:24 10 Mar 08

Hi I have wiped my hard disk on my Medion 2001 PC (Medion PC MT4 Type MED MT40)
and installed XP Home, Fully updated with all available ms downloads. When I stream video clips on news.bbc.co.uk, with Media Player-11 there is a significant crackle that coincides with when reporters talk.
I thought the sound-card might be faulty but when playing CDs sound is perfect so I tired installing Real Player and the sound from that is also crystal clear on the same news clips. I wonder if I need a codec but I am not sure how to install it. or if WindowsXP is incorrectly identifying the sound card and installing the wrong drivers? Can anyone offer ideas on what might be wrong?
Belarc tells me my motherboard with onboard sound is Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. MED 2001 REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS MED 2001 ACPI BIOS Revision 1009 06/12/2001.
Belard also reports sound card as Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)
Game Port for Creative. Device Drivers shows no yellow or red flags.

Garfield 22:51 10 Mar 08

The distortion was in internet explorer playing the BBC news player... right clicking in the player Click on Plug-ins Click Options, Select Performance Tab, Select the Video Acceleration Slider Bar and by moving it down from Full to Half-way, Clicking OK and the sound is fixed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…