XP shortcut to change Screen res & colours 4 game?

I have just managed to load some Madeline software for my daughter (not designed for XP). My prob. is that it should be in 256 colour mode and the desktop should be set as 600x 800. My settings options only give medium or high colour (not 256)so that is one query- secondly can I set up some sort of shortcut to the settings required to play the game? I tried using the compatibility wizard but it doesn't work. Any help appreciated- thanks.
PS Left as it is it plays fine but displays in a screen of about 8" square which makes it hard for my daughter to use the mouse accurately.

AndySD 17:12 07 Apr 04

If you are using an nvidia card then the latest drivers will do this for you. click here

click here

I am using a Radeon card (I believe!!)

BRYNIT 19:17 07 Apr 04

If you have a radeon card you should see an icon in taskbar that look like a red and white ATI. If you click on this you should have a list of settings if you put a tick against no prompt it will automatically change to the setting you pick the next time you click on icon. the colour may not require changing. If col is set to 32BPP (high) and you are having problems click on icon and change to 16BPP (low), I dont think the ATI card will go down to 256 col.

If you do not have the icon right click on background go to properties/settings/advanced/options make sure Enable ATI taskbar icon and Show ATI icon are ticked, this should put the icon in taskbar.

Sorry it's late and it isn't just the light that i sdim(!) could you explain..."if you put a tick against no prompt it will automatically change to the setting you pick the next time you click on icon. "
The icon is there as you said .

AndySD 22:47 07 Apr 04

Right Click on the shortcut to the game and choose Properties then compatability and tick 256 colours.

BRYNIT 22:52 07 Apr 04

If no prompt is ticked. You can now click on icon move to setting say 800x600 the display should change automatically.

BRYNIT 22:58 07 Apr 04

As per AndySD instructions you can get the 256 col if required.

Thanks- off to create a shortcut and try it out!

Thanks- the advice works atreat (unlike the programme which doesn't give the whole pscreen image now- but I guess that is another query!!) Many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…