XP setup problem

d.macf 08:29 15 Mar 10

Hi there, I am lost with this frustrating issue. Reformatted my drive after some performance issue and tried to reload XP professional. Setupo continues until the keyboard language selection screen and then reboots as soon as the mouse is touched to select a language. Tried two separate IDE hard drives with the same result. Also loaded an old hd loaded with win 98 and the pc ran fine. Anyone got any ideas?

johndrew 08:51 15 Mar 10

Are you using corded or cordless keyboard/mouse? I understand that installation is better with corded units as most cordless items require their own drivers which will be installed after XP.

d.macf 09:20 15 Mar 10

Hi there, the mouse is ps2 corded....

Storic12 10:10 15 Mar 10

Try using the keyboard instead of the mouse. I think you have to use the ALT key and the underlined letter. Anyway that is what I used when my wretched mouse decided to go AWOL and it worked. Just a suggestion. (Windows XP professional)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…