XP Service Pack - where do i get it?

aidenleigh 12:44 12 Apr 04

I need to install a service pack on a pc without an internet connection. I would like to download the entire pack on another pc, burn it to cd and then install it on another pc. However, the microsoft site either requires you to install while online or to purchase a cd. any ideas? (like where i can get the entire service pack from an ftp site?)

Mankster 12:46 12 Apr 04

select network installation,click here

spuds 15:07 12 Apr 04

Contact Microsoft on 0870 6010 100 mon/fri 8.00-18.00 and they will send you a 'free' cd, if it is the XP SP1, otherwise check.
I think you will find that the charge is related to the American website.

SEASHANTY 15:14 12 Apr 04

Service Pack 1 for XP has been on the cover disk of a few PC magazines. It may be on the free disk with the XP Mags available in larger newsagents.

Irishman 16:14 12 Apr 04

If you know someone with a broadband connection go into Windows Update on their computer, click on Personalise and then put a tick in the Update Catalouge box. They can then download all the updates for you and put them on CD if they have a rewriter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…