XP Service Pack 2 - can't download it

sarah-280539 16:49 12 Sep 04

Hello,

I've tried to load the windows update page to download this but when it loaded the page is blank! Can anyone help.

VoG II 17:00 12 Sep 04

click here is a possibility but check if any of the other dialogs are blank to confirm or otherwise whether this is the cause.

Stuartli 17:08 12 Sep 04

Don't forget the new issue of PC Advisor (mine arrived yesterday morning) includes a copy of Service Pack 2 in a fancy sleeve...:-)

Saves a lot of downloading if you are on dialup.

Mister Splendid©®™! 18:25 12 Sep 04

Otherwise you can order a disk from Microsoft.

THE TERMINATOR 20:21 12 Sep 04

Or WindowsXP(The official magazine)....TT

jack 20:50 12 Sep 04

Treat yourself, go on - buy a copy of P C Advisor
Its on the cover of November issue - out N O W

jack 20:50 12 Sep 04

Treat yourself, go on - buy a copy of P C Advisor
Its on the cover of November issue - out N O W

sarah-280539 10:44 13 Sep 04

I managed to download it but it was doing all sorts of funny things - couldn't get into outlook express, lots of blue screens of death so I've had to restore the system back to get rid of it.

gunner-joe 17:58 16 Sep 04

Hi, I had a few problems downloading the service pack. Tell me Sarah, Do you use any firewall or anti-virus packages.I had to disable my Mcafee privacy service to download mine.If you need to download the whole thing and you are dial-up, I suggest you leave a night free when you can leave it downloading and not do anything else that may interrupt it. I was disconnected but when I logged on again I immediately clicked to download again and thanks to XP the download continued where it left off.

Good luck!!

gunner-joe 18:03 16 Sep 04

I may annoy a few out there with differing opinions but I believe that if you have a stand alone firewall and pop-up-blocker you can disable the microsoft ones. I f anyone disagrees
I would be interested to hear.I will also post this in the forum. Cheers

sarah-280539 19:19 16 Sep 04

I did manage to download it and installed it on my pc but had a lot of problems and ended up unistalling the service pack 2 and the pc is working fine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced