xp service pack

Ops 20:12 13 Oct 04

just bought xp home oem,it comes with service pack 2.
Do i need to install serv pack 1 first

wotbus@ 20:18 13 Oct 04

I reckon SP1 is already installed - have you checked?

Trolley 20:18 13 Oct 04

If the CD that you have bought says that it comes with service pack 2 on it, then service pack 1 will automatically be installed with it.

After you have installed th O/S, if you got to system in control panel, it will tell you the latest service pack that has been installed.

Dorsai 20:19 13 Oct 04

Can only guess that if it comes labeled as SP2, than SP1 is built in, so to say.

If it needed SP1 to work, but did not have it, it would not be a lot of use would it?

MS just trying to say "it's the latest version' i would guess.

IMO.

wotbus@ 20:19 13 Oct 04

oops sorry - misunderstood to "new PC home etc etc". Are you upgrading with your new XP Home ?

Trolley 20:24 13 Oct 04

Whenever Microsoft release a product claiming to be Service Pack whatever, it includes that service pack and all of the updates that were released for the software previous to the CD being produced.

It does help by reducing the number of downloads that you have to do in windows update.

Maybe one-day Microsoft will make a piece of software that doesnt need updates or service packs. We can but dream. :-p

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:25 13 Oct 04

SP2 contains all the XP updates from isuue to september 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…