XP Serious Error

ikle_pixie 14:05 26 Feb 03

My collegue's computer seems to be having major problems.

When you've logged into a user (its XP Home) a windows error message comes up saying that it has recovered from a serious error.

Could this be a software confliction? I've tryed a system restore but doesnt seem to have helped?

Thanks

powerless 14:12 26 Feb 03

Could be software but also hardware.

Did this message just suddenly appear? Did he/she change anything on the computer add a device, install a new piece of software etc?

Usually when its recovered from an error it sends a error report to Microsoft and when its finished should direct you to an article about the error and with luck tell you about it and provide a solution.

Take a look at this click here

AndySD 14:12 26 Feb 03

Does it tell you an error message?

Have a look in the Admin Tools error log.

hugh-265156 14:16 26 Feb 03

i bought my pc about six monts ago and got this all the time sp1 sorted it.

ikle_pixie 14:17 26 Feb 03

Well, i asked and she said that they had installed quicken 3. Its doesnt show up in the add/remove window. Which im guessing means it isnt installed properly.

Also someone recently installed extra RAM....

hugh-265156 14:29 26 Feb 03

i added an extra 256

Jane23 14:33 26 Feb 03

I have been on the MS Website - it appears this is a bug. This message will appear when nothing is wrong. There is a download fix on the website.

« Ravin » 14:33 26 Feb 03

try running the comp without that module, if it's ok then maybe its a faulty module. or try reseating it.

ikle_pixie 14:36 26 Feb 03

can i have the link please Jane?

hugh-265156 14:37 26 Feb 03

LOL! sorry cant read

Jane23 14:53 26 Feb 03

Sorry I don't have the link - did it some time ago. Just went on to Microsoft website, Windows XP and found it in the downloads section. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…