XP serial number - where is it in Windows

cowangate 13:42 28 Mar 03

I bought a compaq evo before Xmas with XP pro preinstalled the handbook with it did not have a serial number with it but it had the official sticker on the top of the base unit. I have found today that someone has peeled off the sticker, my wife is blaming the kids, but I know where my suspicions lie!!

Getting to the point does anyone know of an easy way I can extract the serial number from the PC itself -in case i need to reinstall XP. I have hunted thru the registry and cant find anything. I used to have a utility that extracted the number from Win98 anyone can help please

The Pretender 14:06 28 Mar 03

Download and run this click here

Should do the trick

cowangate 14:11 28 Mar 03

I'm downloading as I speak-sorry type

Ben Avery (Work) 14:13 28 Mar 03

...the belarc advisor click here may give that info 2?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, it would be the fiorst time...today!

BA

powerless 19:06 28 Mar 03

Ben Avery (Work) - Belarc Advisor does not tell you the Product Key of Windows XP.

Aida32 will.

As will click here if you click "open" once its downloaded it will show you the Product Key of XP and will also show you the Product Key of Office XP.

If you click "save" you'll have it for ever ;-)

It's 261KB in size.

Rayuk 19:17 28 Mar 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…