xp serial number

dublin lad 19:32 15 Oct 06

I have 2 computers that were running 98me i got a copy of xp home edition upgrade, i installed on 1 pc an activated it no probs. I have also installed it on second pc no probs but it won't let me activate it ,it says that the serial number has used up its limet. is there any other way i can activate windows xp with a different serial number i have tried but failed.

Regards

Mark

Totally-braindead 19:36 15 Oct 06

The rule is one copy of windows xp to one computer. If you want to use xp on another computer you'll need to buy another copy with another serial number.

Jimmy14 19:37 15 Oct 06

1. There isn't any such operating system as 98me. You are maybe getting mixed up with Millenium edition upgrading to XP?
2. The reason the 2nd computer won't activate is because it's only 1 license and you have used the valid legal license up on the first computer. 1 License per upgrade. Looks like you will need to purchase an additional license or new copy.

Totally-braindead 19:39 15 Oct 06

I assumed he meant windows 98SE and it was a mistype, regardless of that the only thing you can do is buy another copy of XP.

dublin lad 19:56 15 Oct 06

Millenium is Known as windows 98me short for millenium ,

woodchip 19:58 15 Oct 06

Leave it three months it will then work, You may have to phone up. But as you have the computer now, you would be better to go back to 98se for the three months

dublin lad 20:01 15 Oct 06

why leave it for 3 months

Totally-braindead 20:03 15 Oct 06

No such thing as Win98me it must be some sort of slang. Heres the list of what there is so far click here

woodchip 20:05 15 Oct 06

Data protection MS have to remove info they collect. Unless you want to buy another copy of XP

woodchip 20:05 15 Oct 06

PS New Vista will not allow this.

dublin lad 20:10 15 Oct 06

i apolagise braindead got mix up with something else.

woodchip
are say it will work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…