XP Security Centre 'lockout'

10x 11:51 27 Nov 06

Having clicked on Security Centre (@ Control Panel) I get the following message:'Security Centre is currently unavailable because Security Centre has not started or was stopped. Please close this window, restart computer (does not work) or start the 'Security Centre service' and then open the Security Centre again.
Does anyone understand this and if they do, can they tell me how to get my Security Centre open & up and running ?
All contributions welcome gratefully accepted.

regards everyone
10X

VoG II 11:54 27 Nov 06

Start, Run, trpe

services.msc

and click on OK. Scroll down to Security Center and double click it. Click the Start button, and change the Startup Type to Automatic.

10x 17:54 29 Nov 06

Tried your suggestion.
Startup Type was already on Automatic.
When I clicked on the start button, got the following message:
'Could not start the Security Centre service on local computer. Error 1068: The dpendency Service or Group failed to start'
??????????????????????????????/

crosstrainer 18:01 29 Nov 06

I have had the same problem and it turned out to be down to my antivirus / antispyware software. I had Spyware Doctor and Pc cillin installed, windows firewall disabled. could not access the security center. Uninstalled Spyware Doctor and back it came. Weired really I have 2 sli machines one with a dualcore fx chip and 2x 7600gts (no problems with the same antispyware) and the other a single core x64 chip with 2x 6600gt cards (the one with the problem) very strange.

VoG II 19:11 29 Nov 06

If it isn't that then try a repair click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…