xp security centre icon

chub_tor 20:56 28 May 05

I have disconnected the XP firewall as it interferes with accessing my LAN. I have a hardware firewall in my router and I also run Blackice so security is not my issue. But how can I stop the pop-up box and the icon that appears each time that I boot up that informs me my system might be unsafe unless I re-connect the XP Firewall. Any suggestions appreciated.

Technotiger 21:01 28 May 05

Hi, I too have a hardware firewall, but I also have Kerio Free Edition, click here - keeps XP firewall at bay.

Cheers.

mattyc_92 21:08 28 May 05

Just go to the "Security Center" and click onto the "Change The Way Security Center Alerts Me" and just untick the firewall option...

Doing this, stops that anoying icon and message balloon from the "System Tray" when you log into your machine

VoG II 21:08 28 May 05

Start, Run. Type in

services.msc

and click OK. Scroll down to Security Center and double click it. Click the Stop button and change the Startup behaviour to Never.

sidecar sid 21:14 28 May 05

Open up the security centre and click on change the way security centre alerts me.

In the window that opens remove the ticks from the boxes and click ok.

chub_tor 17:11 29 May 05

Thanks everyone, problem solved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced