XP security alert - zone alarm firewall is off

boo_hiss_boo 18:50 28 Nov 04

Hi guys

I keep getting a message from the XP security alerts that zone alarm reports that the firewall is currently turned off. I open the zone alarm control centre and it tells me it is active. Can anyone help me find out

1) if zone alarm is actually on
2) if it is, why do I keep getting a report that it is not
3) if it isn't, whay it would be off and how I can change this

Thanks
Boo

Carpigiani 20:39 28 Nov 04

Which version of Zone Alarm are you running. Version 5.1 or higher is required with XP SP2 click here

alnwrd 22:46 28 Nov 04

You can turn off this annoying message by disabling windows security centre. If you do, make sure you are running zone alarm and an up to date anti virus package. If you see the zone alarm icon and antivirus icon on your screen then you can be sure they are running. To turn off the security centre clickk start and run services.msc, double click security centre and select disable.

TomJerry 23:40 28 Nov 04

I am really annoyed by windows security centre.

I wishes MS stop treat everyone like idoit. Linux people may think I am becuase I use and like windows.

boo_hiss_boo 23:31 30 Nov 04

HI guys

thanks for the responses, I have not been on line for a couple of days so I have not read them until now. I am running version 5.5 and zone alarm tells me my firewall is running and active. I think I will indeed take your advice and turn off the security centre

Thanks Guys :o))

Boo x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…