xp screen resolution problem

kane_2001 21:25 17 Apr 08

Just formatted a friends Dell laptop with a fresh copy of windows XP. Now I cannot change the screen resolution size. It`s currently to the lowest settings and I want to change it back to a higher resolution for him. I tried to install his BT internet disc but it won`t allow me to run it as it needs the screen settings to change. I know how to get into settings for changing the screen resolution but when I go there, I cannot move the cursur arrow up to a higher resolution. It only shows 800x600 or whatever the lowest is. I cannot update drivers etc as cannot comnnect to internet due to disc not running without changing the resolution first. PLEASE help

GaT7 21:31 17 Apr 08

What graphics drivers are needed - ATi or nVidia? Download these on another computer, then transfer them to your friend's laptop via a flash drive or burnt disk. Finally install the drivers & reboot. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…