XP Says it it is in Safe Mode after normal log in

Jasper1973 11:08 25 May 10

Hi - I am running XP and when I log in the PC using my normal credentials it appears to load up in normal mode, but I have tried to add a printer and I get a pop up saying that I cannot install a new printer whilst in Safe Mode? Any thoughts anyone - Thanks

Jasper1973 18:12 25 May 10

any helpers guys? thanks

chub_tor 19:15 25 May 10

This is a not uncommon problem click here= I have looked at a few of the threads with no definite solution. Most replies suggest first trying a System Restore, also forcing the system into Safe Mode by using F8 then rebooting. Several also suggest a good malware scan and if this fails a repair of the XP operating system. finally there are one or two suggestions for Registry changes - use these with caution unless you are familiar with the Registry.

northumbria61 11:49 26 May 10

Try this - restart your computer....press F8 key while booting...choose last know best configuration in the menu...u r in...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…