XP, safemode won't boot

GuyR 18:02 19 May 05

running windows xp home with 2 hard drives, have detected a virus, and was instructed to restart computer in safe mode, after switching off window system restore, this has erased previous versions of the system. Now on boot up, after selecting the user a pop up window appears titled cmd.exe, inside the box is c:\documents and settings\myusername I have no idea what to input here but if I close the window, nothing happens, am just left with a black screen with safe mode in the 4 corners, my version of windows written across the top, and the computer fails at this point.
I have tried to boot up with the windows xp disc in, it asks to either repair windows or reload windows. I cannot reload windows because it knows there is already a version of windows xp on the disc, when I try to do a windows xp repair, it asks me for the administrator password which I don't have(I can't remember putting one in) and it will not accept nothing being entered. Can anybody help me boot the system up without having to pull the hard drive out of the computer, and transferrring data files across, wiping the disc clean and doing a completely fresh install. Also, would I be able to load xp onto the 2nd hard drive install, rescue my data, then start again, as 80% of my data I store on the 2nd drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…