XP runs out in April!

Narendra 12:17 PM 22 Jun 13

I understand Windows XP runs out next April and there will not any security patches from the Microsoft then on. If I install Xp in VIRTUALBOX as a guest to Windows 7, will that be safe? Actually I have that kind of configuration at the moment and do not wish to discard XP. Please advise! Thank you. Narendra.

Narendra 14:31 PM 22 Jun 13

Thank you very much for your replies. I'll use the XP with the Virtualbox on W7 host!

To Ian:

You are about my age now, about 63! In 1994 I had blood clot in the brain, almost died but lived on! Bought Dell PC System in 1999, was intrigued by its workings, reead A+ Certificaion from Micheal Meyers, opened it up, the tower, and since then I have built my own computers! Now running, XP, W7 and Linux Ubuntu on the same machine! But was not sure about XP, whether to run it after april, next yesr! But if worst comes, I'll use ReactOS, which I hope, will be ready by then! Regards. Narendra.

Narendra 15:09 PM 22 Jun 13

Its all getting complicated these days, laptops, net books, smart phones and other gizmos1 BUt for me deskop pcs are ok.can not carry laptops!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know