XP Restore Warning!!!

Sethhaniel 19:27 26 Feb 04

I have just got a new PC Fujitsu Siemens 2.6 with Siemens XP restore disk having spent two days copying file from my old PC 233mhz pentium via 128MB USB memory stick I went to install a program from CD getting about half way through the installation the computer freezes - the only option switch Off & On it get to desktop but with an hour glass i.e. nothing works - after reboots just gets as far as logon screen and no further - the only option is Complete Reload from Supplied Disks no option top repair - so everything on disk is lost -luckily nothing new was on PC - and it was just a matter of copy everything again - but there was no chance to roll back to previous good system as it crashed outside of system.
So Remeber to back -up all the time!!1

Cesar 11:13 27 Feb 04

I have used Fujitsu Siemens computers and have found them to be thoroughly reliable, also note that they have their own forum
click here on the left side of the screen you will see a button "Talk Forum" click on that and follow instructions.

sattman 11:19 27 Feb 04

Could you not even restore from safe mode ?

Sethhaniel 21:34 27 Feb 04

I think that there was a fault somewhere in the original installation - as a few of my Programs are running a lot better since reinstallstion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…