xp restore problem

mark-222751 21:12 06 Aug 04

my dad runs xp on his pc and he has deleted his restore logs so he cant restore back to anyware before aug he needs to go back to the middle of july before he deleted somthing else is there any way of doing this as his pc has been starting up normaly and then the screen has been changing to large icons i have reset his settings but evry time he starts up it reverts to big again
niplag

Night Ryder 21:19 06 Aug 04

There are only so many restore points that windows XP can retain. This is dependant on the amount of space you have reserved for restores. If restore points have been deleted then I'm afraid there gone for good ... sorry.

Night Ryder 21:24 06 Aug 04

As an after thought, have you updated your graphics card drivers recently.
I mention this because I had a situation recently where I ran an install to upgrade my drivers before first removing the old drive. I had a very similar effect and when I looked at the add remove software, I discovered that I had two setd of drivers loading for the graphics card. Removing one of these corrected the problem.

keith-236785 21:25 06 Aug 04

if your dad hasnt done too much other work since deleting the files then it may be possible to undelete them using special programs. however, if your dad turned OFF system restore to delete the files then i think you can forget it.

do a google search for undelete and browse through the results.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…