XP restore points

wetterfugal™ 19:40 22 Mar 03

I have never had an automatic restore point ceated since I built this computer three months ago. Every time I look for one the only one avaiable is for the current date and time. Next day this point is gone and the current date is back.

I have been looking at previous threads on the subject and been to the artical on the MS Knowledge Base.

I have never had an automatic restore point created since I built this computer three months ago. Every time I look for one the only one available is for the current date and time. Next day this point is gone and the current date is back.

I have been looking at previous threads on the subject and been to the article on the MS Knowledge Base.

I have one 60GB HD with four partitions 14GB, 15MB [a mistake], 14 GB and 16 GB all but the 14 MB partition have sufficient space to suit the restore requirements.

I have disabled restore on the 15MB part'n to no effect. I have read Microsoft’s article on disk space required to restore an I think that the 15MB is causing the problem even though the restore has been disabled.

Can anyone confirm this? There is nothing on this partition apart from some file windows has put on it.

bvw in bristol 20:03 22 Mar 03

It is important to note that if you have a multiple-partition computer with a drive with little free space on it, this drive could cause System Restore to hang all across the system and delete restore points.......

click here

Sounds as though your 15MB partition is causing the problem.

wetterfugal™ 22:50 22 Mar 03

We seem to be in agreement but I really would like someone to confirm that because of the 15MB partition there will be no restore points created and all partitions would be effected and that Removing the small partition is a requirement.

9GB, 10GB and 21GB of free space is available on the other patitions.

wetterfugal™ 22:53 22 Mar 03

I would reiterate, "I have been looking at previous threads on the subject and been to the article on the MS Knowledge Base". [extract from my original post]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…