XP - Restore Incredimail content ...

Nontek 20:22 PM 25 Dec 12

Newly built desktop with XP. Incredimail exported from old PC but when trying to Import to new PC cannot find Data.cab which is asked for by the Import restore procedure. Have tried a Search on new PC but not found, is it possible that this file was not saved on Export?

I believe Export procedure was saved to an external drive, this drive is showing as normal on new PC but no sign of required file when trying to Import to new PC.

Could it have been saved under another name, or hidden within a set of numbers as in System Restore - example only!

Not my PC, posting on behalf of a friend.

Nontek 20:58 PM 25 Dec 12

dr yes

Thanks for that - I have spoken on phone to my friend, she has already tried that apparently. However, I did also note that it mentioned unable to save file larger than 2Gb, I am pretty sure her file would be more than 2Gb.

This was also considered when the Export procedure was run, so individual files were created instead. I think I will have to leave it for her to contact the person who 'made' her new PC, to sort out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued