XP Restore How?

nath321 14:10 29 Jul 05

I have a dell 2400 and i would like to restore it to the factory settings. I dont know how to do this. On my previous computers it was only a matter of inserting a system restore disc and floppy. However i never recieved anything like this with my newest dell.
Can anybody Help.

ACOLYTE 14:53 29 Jul 05

Im not to sure about this,but if you didnt get a cd with the pc it may be that the system files are on a partition on the hard drive,in witch case there should be an option in start programs to restore the pc,im not sure what it would be called because i have never had a dell pc,others may know better this is just a guess really on my part.

nath321 14:55 29 Jul 05

sorry but tht really doesnt help me thanks anyway. i do have a xp home insatllation disc i just dont hav a system restore disc

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:56 29 Jul 05

Run the Dell PC Restore Utility

1. Power the computer on.

2. When the Dell screen appears press and hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard, press the F11 key, then release them both at the same time.
The Dell PC Restore by Symantec window appears.

NOTE NOTE: Only press the keys one time, if you press them more than once you will receive a keyboard error and will have to start the process over.

3. Click the Restore button.
A caution message appears advising that all data will be lost.

4. Click the Confirm button.
The progress window appears.
When the restore is complete the message The system recovery process was successful. appears.

5. Click the Finish button.
The computer will restart.

Your software is now back to the way it was when you first received your computer.

nath321 15:01 29 Jul 05

thanks alot "Fruit Bat /\0/\" this sounds like exactly what i was looking for thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…