xp restarting

stripper 04:00 01 Jan 03
  stripper 04:00 01 Jan 03

when i first boot my pc it restarts after a few minutes with a blue screensaying that windows has recovered from a serious error. The only other info is c\windows\minidump\mini123002-dmp. If i reset everything works ok. I have looked inthe minidump folder but when i try to open any of the log files windows does'nt recognise them. Please someone help me as this is driving me nuts.

howard60 09:31 01 Jan 03

1. the minidump thing [type the error message into google and see what comes up] is often associated with a memory fault, often ddr strips being not compatible with each other. If you have more than 1 strip of memory try taking out the extras and boot with just 1 strip. If it still happens swap strips. If you then lose the problem you have proved the strip doing it.

2. the pc doing something too fast for perhaps an older piece of connected equipment. By the time you do the reset it is up and running ok. There are ways of slowing down the initial startup for this type of problem. Not sure exactly but you should be able to find it by searching on this site and google.

Happy New Year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…