xp resetting

conrail 15:19 06 Jul 05

my sons pc, running xp pro, keeps resetting after he imputs his password and it loads his settings, tried using the xp disc which loads the drivers but fails to get to the install option, which key can I press to get into dos to do chkdsk and possibly reformat? either from the windows or the cd startup, all help greatly appreciated

VoG II 20:11 06 Jul 05

Keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows screen loads. From the boot menu select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

at the > prompt type

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

and press the Enter key to launch System Restore. Try restoring to an earlier time.

conrail 09:56 07 Jul 05

thanks VoG™, managed to format the drive on my pc, he has a trojan, having problems getting into dos to try a dskchk

conrail 10:08 07 Jul 05

I think I have just broke his pc, a flash from somewhere inside so now it is dead, it was an old pc and I was thinking of re[placing it at xmas, now looks sooner, thanks VoG™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…