XP repair multiple IRP complete requests

giz 09:10 22 Sep 04

Windows XP crashed. Restore points, repair under setup not worked. Only get error multiple-irp complete requests. Not got any Novel software needed. Will not even start in safe mode

JonnyTub 09:17 22 Sep 04

have you recently installed any new hardware, a new hp printer ???

JonnyTub 09:20 22 Sep 04

also are all the fans running especially the psu and cpu fan ?

giz 15:44 22 Sep 04

I can load Knoppix (linus on a bootable disk) and this runns ok. I have not added any hardware, I think the fans are all working. I only got this error message after I tried to repair XP. I had a problem with Internet Explorer which took 100% of the CPU time (according to task manager). Shopuld I re-install XP from scratch and loose all my other progs on the machine?

JonnyTub 15:46 22 Sep 04

i would endaavour a little more, the fact that you say linux runs off a bootable disk suggests that everything but the hard drive is fine. Can you check this in another machine? or can you you get a repair screen using your xp disk?

JonnyTub 15:48 22 Sep 04

i'm not suggesting that your hd is knackered but xp may have become badly damaged or corrupted, do you get past post ok?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…