XP Repair

I am trying to repair my XP installation but I am having trouble finding the administrator password. Does anyone know where I can find it?

User-312386 00:06 14 Jun 03

dont need it

go to start>run type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and /)

make sure your xp disc is in the drive

jazzypop 00:10 14 Jun 03

By default,XP is set up with a blank password - just hit Enter when prompted for the password

Despicable Desperado 02:22 14 Jun 03

Take it that you are selecting the 'R' option at the first prompt. This takes you into the repair console and unless you have set an administrator password then you just need to press enter. However unless yopu know how to use the repair console steer clear. Insteaed of selecting 'R' continue as if doing a new install then select 'R' at the next prompt. This will then do a full repair without losing your file structure etc. You will however lose any Win XP service packs/updates.

Despicable Desperado 02:24 14 Jun 03

FYI sfc /scannow will only restore corrupted or changed system files - it will not repair a buggered XP (unless of course it is a system file causing the problem!!)

I have tried sfc /scannow but to no avail, so I will later try thr 'r' repair.

I have tried running 'r' repair but it did not work. Everytime I get to administrations password, I press enter as no password has been entered and all I get is the name of the drive that I am trying to repair and no further. any ideas?

VoG® 20:41 18 Jun 03

SElecting R just takes you to the Recovery Console where you can type commands click here

If you want to do an "over the top" repair of XP click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…