XP Remote Desktop

Scott709 11:06 16 Apr 03

i recently purchased XP Pro and also have XP pro running on my other computer, how do i enable the Computer to accept Remote Desktop??
Any Help Much Appreciated

Scott MacDonald

MartinT-B 11:26 16 Apr 03

There's a wizard to enable it which you access as Administrator.

Try pressing the F1 button and searching for Remote Desktop.

Post back here is you get bogged down, but it's not too hard

Scott709 11:33 16 Apr 03

when i search for the wizard file in the remote desktop bit it says no results were found, is there any other ways???

MartinT-B 12:00 16 Apr 03

??

Odd...

I'm at work on a 98 OS, not at home with XP pro. There is definatately an option (I think via the Control Panel) to turn it on, but I'll have to search in the web.

Bear with me please and I'll link you.

MartinT-B 12:04 16 Apr 03
  Scott709 12:18 16 Apr 03

that is it working now, there is one more thing,how do i stop the other computer from exiting the remote assistance, because the other computer has 1 account (a computer administrator account) he can exit the remote assistnace, but i do not want to set a limited account, is there an option to disable him from exiting the remote assistance?

fitshase 12:49 16 Apr 03

I don't think you can prevent the other user from exiting remote assistance. This is a safety precaution.

Imagine someone remote connected to your computer and then started deleting all of your files and you couldn't exit remote assistance.

Besides, if you prevented them from exiting, they could simply push the reset button on the front of the computer.

Regards

Fitshase

Scott709 12:58 16 Apr 03

its just that i have seen it a feature in other remote assistance software, thanks for everyones help, scott macdonald

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…