XP remembering e-mail add's..

wotbus@ 17:56 10 Jul 04

I recently typed an email address incorrectly when composing an email (resulting in a non delivery). Now when I compose I am prompted to choose from the correct or incorrect address. Is it possible to delete the incorrect address from the prompt and how is it done. Thanks.

whybe 18:19 10 Jul 04

Frustrating isn't it? Highlight the wrong email and press delete it should forget it after that!

wotbus@ 18:29 10 Jul 04

Thanks whybe but its the address in the dropdown "suggestion" box I want to delete. I have no addresses in my Address Book as it's my contribution to avoid all these mass mailing cretins should I ever be infected. There must be somewhere in XP where I can go to delete these "remembered" addresses. I agree it's frustrating.

VoG II 18:33 10 Jul 04

If you highlight the incorrect address in the drop-down list (so it turns blue) and press the Delete key, it should go.

wotbus@ 18:44 10 Jul 04

Thanks VoG™, perhaps it should but it doesn't !

VoG II 18:58 10 Jul 04

Well I've just entered the latest PCA competition so that I could check this.

If you type the first letter or two, a dropdown list appears. If you hover (don't click) the mouse over one it will turn blue, then press Delete, it goes. Or at least it just did for me.

VoG II 19:00 10 Jul 04

I didn't read your first post properly - is this in Hotmail?

wotbus@ 19:06 10 Jul 04

No, in Outlook. (sorry for the delay - I am in and out tending the barby)

VoG II 19:10 10 Jul 04

click here - I hope you did mean Outlook, not Outlook Express.

wotbus@ 19:15 10 Jul 04

Correct with Outlook. Wait one while I check.

wotbus@ 19:21 10 Jul 04

Yippee - Bingo. The chops are burning, the sausages are carbonised, the second aperitif is working well and the problem is sorted.
Thanks VoG™, very happy to have your help - again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…