Xp reinstall

DAKAR 18:38 28 Dec 08

Hi everyone and merry christmas
Just a quick query for a mate his xp needs reinstalling some time ago you helped me with pretty much the same problem but I cannot remember how
Somewhere in windows is a copy of xp when a disc is not supplied and the os comes pre installed but I cannot remember where please remind me where and how I can find it
Thanks
to you all and happy new year,good to know you are out there
Regards
Dakar

MAT ALAN 18:42 28 Dec 08

If his O/S is fully licensed and has a product key
borrow a copy of his chosen O/S and just use his license key when prompted to do so...

tullie 18:43 28 Dec 08

As far as im aware you need a recovery disk to reinstall from the hidden partition,others may inform better.

MAT ALAN 18:55 28 Dec 08

Lappy or Desktop...

skidzy 18:56 28 Dec 08

On some machines you can restore from the hidden partition;

On Startup,continually tap F10 or F11 and you maybe welcomed by a restore/recovery partition giving 3 options,such as;

1) Reinstall windows without data loss

2) Reinstall windows saving settings and files (data)

3) Restore to factory settings (destructive) everything lost and back to how the machine was first purchased.

Some machines vary and use ctrl + F11 or similar.

Please post back the make and model number of your computer.

If you decide to use a possible restore partition,this will install all drivers and will need updating on some of them.

Using a Windows disc,will require you to gather all drivers.

The best way for a clean install is as Mat says,borrow a xp disc and use your license key...this will stop any unwanted preinstalled software being installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…