XP registry cleaners

woodchip 22:43 29 Apr 08

What have you found the best cleaner for XP registry? I cannot remove AVG7 items,it will not let me delete them, even as Administrator in Safe Mode.

I have removed all other items in Windows Explorer, after first removing from Add Remove

MAT ALAN 22:46 29 Apr 08

click here

best bit of kit i ever bought...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:55 29 Apr 08

RegscrubXP click here

Easycleaner click here ( Use with care, It advises you to back up the registry first, this is a good idea as it cleans rather aggressively. )

bluto1 23:01 29 Apr 08

Have you tried cCleaner, in Tools highlight what needs deleting and try it.

johnnyrocker 23:04 29 Apr 08

have a look at the grisoft site as they have solutions regarding difficult to remove items

johnny

Strawballs 00:30 30 Apr 08

click here I have used this one without any problem for years Woody

woodchip 23:22 30 Apr 08

Downloaded it and run it, I have used this on my 98se comp ok in the past. But it does not even find AVG7 when I do a Search

woodchip 23:37 30 Apr 08

RegscrubXP does not find them either

Strawballs 23:48 30 Apr 08

I just run it on the laptop I'm using with XP home and it is on the software list when first started, AVG 8 that is on this machine.

woodchip 00:00 01 May 08

Managed to clear the AVG7 items from Refedit by changing Permissions. so will tick this now thanks for the help

Stuartli 00:16 01 May 08

I use Auslogics Registry Defrag - just like the Disk Defrag it's excellent. See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…