XP registration

geewis 14:46 27 Sep 03

Hi there all I'm not trying to cheet or anyithing but I'm curently running XP and with my pc came with Microsoft works suite 2002 when I installed it I had to register XP all over again, No probes but now my doughter has bought a pc from the same place (Staples) some 8 months later and all she got was Starr Ofice. My question is as you may guess is could she install the full suite from my disk and how would she register as she has no conection to the internet as when it was new it came pre-registered.

bremner 14:55 27 Sep 03

Unless the license for Works allows you to install it on more than one machine then regardless of inrenet connection or not you could not register it.

If it does allow installation on more than one machine then a telephone call to MS will register it.

powerless 14:58 27 Sep 03

It could be OEM them, in that case you cannot do anything with it.

-pops- 15:02 27 Sep 03

"all she got was Starr Ofice"

There's nothing wrong with Star Office. Of the two (Star Office and Works) I know which I would go for and it wouldn't be Works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…