XP Registering etc

Switcher 00:40 17 Oct 03

I am considering moving over to XP but have heard and read that there is a considerable nuisance involved in registering and that re-registering is occasionally required.

I have a PC at home and also at my weekend retreat and since I use a removable disc which is transported between homes would this present a problem to XP re the registration business.

What is the difference between XP home and Pro

powerless 00:47 17 Oct 03

Registering is optional as in you do not have to.

Activation is what is needed to use XP (trial for 30 days).

"I have a PC at home and also at my weekend retreat and since I use a removable disc which is transported between homes would this present a problem to XP re the registration business." - Yes as XP would see the weekend retreat as a new computer (which it is). XP can only be one the one computer. You cannot have it on both i'm afraid even though you have a removable drive.

Info: click here

You'll have to buy another copy of XP.

XP home and Pro...

The same apart from "pro" has extra Networking, file encryption...

click here

Switcher 00:59 17 Oct 03

Powerless

When you say I cannot have XP on both PCs using one license is that from a legal point of view or a practical point of view.

What is the purpose of this "Activation" am I correct in thinking that it has to be repeated in the event of changing certain PC components.

Switcher 01:01 17 Oct 03

Powerless

Sorry now reading the links you pointed me to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…