XP Registering etc

Switcher 00:40 17 Oct 03

I am considering moving over to XP but have heard and read that there is a considerable nuisance involved in registering and that re-registering is occasionally required.

I have a PC at home and also at my weekend retreat and since I use a removable disc which is transported between homes would this present a problem to XP re the registration business.

What is the difference between XP home and Pro

powerless 00:47 17 Oct 03

Registering is optional as in you do not have to.

Activation is what is needed to use XP (trial for 30 days).

"I have a PC at home and also at my weekend retreat and since I use a removable disc which is transported between homes would this present a problem to XP re the registration business." - Yes as XP would see the weekend retreat as a new computer (which it is). XP can only be one the one computer. You cannot have it on both i'm afraid even though you have a removable drive.

Info: click here

You'll have to buy another copy of XP.

XP home and Pro...

The same apart from "pro" has extra Networking, file encryption...

click here

Switcher 00:59 17 Oct 03

Powerless

When you say I cannot have XP on both PCs using one license is that from a legal point of view or a practical point of view.

What is the purpose of this "Activation" am I correct in thinking that it has to be repeated in the event of changing certain PC components.

Switcher 01:01 17 Oct 03

Powerless

Sorry now reading the links you pointed me to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…