xp reformat

harps1h 19:06 02 Jun 05

i have a western digital 80gb hdd which was formatted using the supllied software. however when i load on xp it comes up with the message NTLDR cannot be found.

what does it mean?

stalion 19:18 02 Jun 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:28 02 Jun 05

NTLDR Missing
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

harps1h 19:50 02 Jun 05

meant to say this is a new disk that was formatted

Djohn 19:54 02 Jun 05

Have a look here at powereless's guides for full instructions. click here

mattyc_92 22:18 02 Jun 05

I only get this when I have formatted my drive, but forgot to install Windows/restore my Acronis Image of my system back to the drive...

I am guessing that you have already installed Windows onto this drive?? or installed windows onto another drive and using this new drive as a "slave" (additional storage)???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…