xp reformat

harps1h 19:06 02 Jun 05

i have a western digital 80gb hdd which was formatted using the supllied software. however when i load on xp it comes up with the message NTLDR cannot be found.

what does it mean?

stalion 19:18 02 Jun 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:28 02 Jun 05

NTLDR Missing
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

harps1h 19:50 02 Jun 05

meant to say this is a new disk that was formatted

Djohn 19:54 02 Jun 05

Have a look here at powereless's guides for full instructions. click here

mattyc_92 22:18 02 Jun 05

I only get this when I have formatted my drive, but forgot to install Windows/restore my Acronis Image of my system back to the drive...

I am guessing that you have already installed Windows onto this drive?? or installed windows onto another drive and using this new drive as a "slave" (additional storage)???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…