Xp Recovery disk

blazingbadger 12:08 14 Nov 08

I have lost my Recovery disk I made when I obtained my Laptop I have A Packard Bell Easy Note SW51-20TD I want to make a new one can any body help.
When I go to Set up my computer I find this
MASTER CD/DVD
this application has not been detected on your system.You may have removed this application, please reinstall using the relevent packard bell utility. as far as i am aware I have never removed such an application. any other ways round it

Clapton is God 13:47 14 Nov 08

I think you'll find that it's referring to the CD you've lost.

If you had the disk and inserted it, the system would then detect it.

A phone call to Packard Bell may help

woodchip 14:06 14 Nov 08

Your best way to making a Recovery disc is to buy Acronis Tue Image and Create a Image on a External drive. This can be reloaded at any time that you have problems or Virus etc it will be put back to the time you made the Image

blazingbadger 20:21 14 Nov 08

Clapton is God
I did not get a disc with the laptop it was preinstalled please read again

MASTER CD/DVD
this application has not been detected on your system.You may have removed this application, please reinstall using the relevent packard bell utility. as far as i am aware I have never removed such an application. any other ways round it

I have NOT TAKEN THIS OFF. so how do i get a copy. I am not or ever will be pay either by phone or download for somthing that should be there

lotvic 21:08 14 Nov 08

You will have to contact Packard Bell.

In the meantime (may be a long time) I suggest you do as previous posters have said.

No point in being stubborn about it... Computers need maintaining and that means you have to decide how best to get the OS backed up now that you have lost your CD.
Usually (not always) you are only given one chance to make that Recovery CD and then the prog is done with which would explain why it's not there now.

lotvic 21:14 14 Nov 08

This may be of use Packard Bell Notebook Users forum click here

skidzy 22:10 14 Nov 08

Try tapping F11 on startup to enter a restore/recovery partition.

jolorna 22:17 14 Nov 08

you should apologise to Clapton is God because if you read the start of your enquiry you said (I have lost my Recovery disk I made when I obtained my Laptop)and Clapton is God replied to that & your comment to him was (PlesaeClapton is God
I did not get a disc with the laptop it was preinstalled please read again)

Terry Brown 23:01 14 Nov 08

I am not familar with the packard bell system, however I assume the windows operating is in the folder I386.
Download AUTOSTREAMER, which will create a new CD based on your current operating system.

As you do not have a WINXP cd, you will need to set the pointer to the I386 folder, where (with a bit of luck) it will find the files it needs and create a new XP bot disk.
Terry

lotvic 23:14 14 Nov 08

calm down there.
blazingbadger only wanted to know if there were 'any other ways round it'

woodchip 14:39 15 Nov 08

I have a HP and its F10 on mine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac