xp recovered from system failure help

neo1 09:35 05 Jan 04

my pc keeps shutting down its not infected with blaster or any of the likely worms when it crashed last time i sent the error report to microsoft and updated the drivers that microsoft said i needed to update but again crashed again last night but when i clicked on the error report sending option nothing happened is there any way i can find the last report to try to send it again ? thanks in advance

Jester2K 09:38 05 Jan 04

No point in sending the report. It does nothing. All that happens is MS collates the 1000s of reports it gets every day and tries to see if patterns emerge.

Give us some more information. System Spec, Windows veriosn, what happened before this started, any error messages etc and we might be able to help...

neo1 10:50 06 Jan 04

the system spec is emachines 550 running windows xp home addition the windows version is 5.1.2600 build 2600 256 ddr memory pentium 4 2.0 ghz. 40gb hard drive it it was infected with the blaster worm but that was cleared and had the patch added when it started to shut down before it was repaired and the the fan and proccessor where changed and it worked ok and it just started to happen again?? but no error message just starts up saying recoved from system failure???

jonnytub 10:57 06 Jan 04

hi neo,
just read up on this recently and i can give you a rough answer. System failure can be caused by a number of reasons however the most common for these are as follows, faulty memory, hardware or bad windows configuration. I know this isnt much help but maybe if you post the report to the forum, someone may be able to help you further. Good Luck

jonnytub 11:01 06 Jan 04

try searching for LOG, this will probably bring up a whole host of .txt files. Maybe sifting through them to find the one u want is the answer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…