XP re-installation

BarryL 19:56 30 May 08

I am doing a complete re-installation of XP on a new 160gb hard drive. So far so good but I see that the drive (previously "C") is now "F" with my slave drive (containing my back up and my photos) being re-named from "D" to "C". Will this affect the restoration of my back-up and, if so, how and what stage do I change the drive designation? Is restoration as easy as they would have us believe and do the backed up copies remain intact in case of needing to re-do the process. By the way, I have kept the original "C" drive intact but disconnected. Grateful for any advice as always.

lotvic 21:00 30 May 08

My Advice is to start again.
If it was me doing it - I would disconnect all the other drives and only have the new 160gb hard drive connected at bootup with the XP cd in, delete the partition and do a fresh install.

Only after I had installed XP on the new drive (which would be C:/ ) would I connect any other drives (slave) and then other things - printer etc.

wis 22:23 30 May 08

lotvic
yes clean install,this guy will end up with two
xp systems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009