XP question

woodchip 21:52 28 Apr 04

In Windows Explorer how do I get it to remain in Details view of a folder contents, I do not like just seeing ICONS

Big Elf 22:00 28 Apr 04

Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View and then click 'Apply to all folders' after selecting the details option.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:01 28 Apr 04

Control panel-folder options-view-remember each folder's view settings?

G

powerless 22:10 28 Apr 04

About time you got XP woodchip ;-))

Big Elf 22:26 28 Apr 04

Oops, assumed it was XP, sorry.

woodchip 22:46 28 Apr 04

New comp today with XP on but still got My 98se machine. If I find I don’t like it I shall sap it

woodchip 23:07 28 Apr 04

Well it seems to have worked, but how do I have the Control Panel and My Computer as ICONs as they do not matter. But leave files as details

Djohn 23:23 28 Apr 04

Left click on the start button woody and then right click on the "My Computer" Icon and you can have it on your desktop just as in 98se Not a shortcut either but a full Icon. You can do the same for "My Documents" as well. j.

woodchip 23:29 28 Apr 04

Done it that's grate. But my old Athlon clocked to 1700xp still seems a lot sharper than 2.6 Celron

woodchip 23:31 28 Apr 04

Not a good speller but you know what I meen

Djohn 23:37 28 Apr 04

Yes, your Athlon, same as mine is a good chip and will work 98se very fast. I'm still using my 1800XP with XP it does seem to be faster in most ways except for startup, 29 seconds but then I had 98se trimmed right down and it would really shift.

I know you and se are firm Friends but I think you will come to like XP over the weeks ahead. I did. and wouldn't want to change back now. ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…