xp pro,sp1.do i need zonealarm and windows default

LEXIELOU 22:41 17 Sep 04

Lo again
Have got winxp pro, sp1, is the windows firewall sufficient or should I really have zonealarm as well?
Anyone? Thankyou!

LL

Rebecca* 22:54 17 Sep 04

I just have Zonealarm and have the windows firewall switched off. I find zonealarm is enough and better than the windows firewall. I think all you need is one good firewall so they do not conflict. Hope this is of some use.

bretsky 22:55 17 Sep 04

Yes, disable windows own firewall and download Z/A free version you will have greater control of all your programs accessing the net as well as blocking programs that want to.

Also more comprehensive settings, I have Win xp home ed sp1 with Panda Titanium av and the free version of Z/A and they work very well together.

bretsky ;0)

osofedupwivit 23:01 17 Sep 04

Thanks for that, will go for ZA then. My anti virus is EZAvirus (formerly btnetprotect)dont know why they changed, but am having prob with it, so will post for help with that tomo!
LL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…