XP Prof and java prob help please..thanks

bof:) 19:53 03 Mar 03

Hi all,

I have a friend who is using XP Proffesional and had an error message saying 'game cannot be played on line because a java plug in was needed.'

she was trying to play a waord game in the DealOne Arcade website.

I've found a Java package for XP at Downloads.com but this sends you to Sun microsystem's website to get a download.

Then you get a message about a 'ticket being invalid or out of date'. And download stops.

Could you please tell me where I can get the Java update for XP Professional.

Thanks

Mike

Ali G 20:12 03 Mar 03

My friend had the same prob but he was using a laptop he always used this click here it worked for ´him and he is a big pogo fan.......hope it helps

bof:) 20:28 03 Mar 03

Hi Ali G,

Thanks for the fast reply.

are you sure this works on windows XP? I have to get this right cos my friend isn't that up with PC's.

I note on the site it says its for windows 98/NT/2000 but there is no mention of XP.

I know XP is supposed to be 'backwards compatable' but wasnt there some sort of problem with Microsoft XP and none XP java?

Or am I just getting a bit confused?

Thanks again,

Mike

Ali G 21:33 03 Mar 03

no this does work cos he had xp pro and it was exactly what he needed hes not to clued up either........If it doesnt work just de-install it.I have just read another subject with someone and the same sort of prob.He got an answer witch was to install the sp 1 update again,so this may help. Thanx Ali G.......

bof:) 23:35 03 Mar 03

cheers Ali G. Thanks for the help,

mike

bof:) 23:39 03 Mar 03

refresh

VoG™ 15:30 04 Mar 03

This works on XP click here

bof:) 16:06 08 Mar 03

Thank you all,

my friend has downloaded the site you advised and her on line games work fine now.

Thanks again for your help,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…