XP- product key, COA??

taffyal 14:22 14 Oct 04

I'm looking to upgrade to XP from ME. On ebay I see various offers," Pro, doesnt need product key", "Home -has product key- no COA", & prices from £30 to £150 plus. What does all this mean? I just want to install XP cheaply & legally- whats the difference between product key & COA, why does Pro appear cheaper than home, what exactly should I buy?? Please advise. Al.

VoG II 14:29 14 Oct 04
  ventanas 15:20 14 Oct 04

What it means is - leave them alone. Microsoft do not permit the sale of any their software over the Internet, except by authorised vendors. Ebay are not one of these. In fact Microsoft now have a joint scheme running with ebay termed the VeRo Programme (Verified Rights Owner Scheme). The idea is to trap anyone trying to sell (or buy) these illegal versions of Windows. Anyone caught will probably have the key thrown away. Your cheapest legal way to upgrade is to buy a retail upgrade of XP Home. About £80.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…