xp problems

kimbo2kimbo2 20:39 15 Feb 07

i i hope someone can offer me some help please,
for a while now ive been getting what i thought were memory errors
(0x000000f4 (c0x00000003,0x86e39a201086e39b94)i did not get all the message as it just goes to quick,well yesterday it got worse,i started the computer & got this message,
disk boot failure,insert system disk & press enter ?
so rebooted,but could not get anywhere no safe mode nothing?so i used PE builder disk whick i made a while back, but was able to access the drive all seemed fine,so i thought maybe bad ram,so i took a 512mb stick out,rebooted & got same problem so changed them over & this time safe mode but got to desktop & just sat there for hours so rebooted & this time scandisk started,only got to 11% & sat there agian for hours,so i got winxp home disk out to re-install or mend xp but it could not find any drives,(there is no disk in the drive,unknown disk ) then i got this message (well 4 times as kept trying)
0x00000050 (c0xe5133298,x0000000,0xf77ba9a8,0x0000002)
setupdd.sys addressf77ba9a8 base atf7793000
datestamp 41107c8f,
i disabled caching & shadowing in the bios as it recommended it be done,no change,now im stumped 1st i thought ram then h/d but h/d seems ok in PE builder so could anyone offer me there advice please ,
XP home all updated,p4 3ghz 1gb ram ati graphics 2 250gb seagate h/d....
Kim.. also checked all connections (leads ) etc but all fine

brundle 20:41 15 Feb 07

Failing hard drive is the first thing that occurs; click here

kimbo2kimbo2 20:58 15 Feb 07

sorry to sound dumb but ive downloaded the file you recommended,but could find no help with it,do i exicute it & put it on a floppy or does it go on the h/d if so i cant do that as i cant access the drive?

terryf 21:20 15 Feb 07

If the file is what I guess it is, put it on a floppy and go into Bios to boot from floppy.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:32 15 Feb 07

Faulty hardware. Stop 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM). If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You need to run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owners manual for your computer.

Antivirus software. Antivirus software can also trigger this error. Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

Corrupted NTFS volume. A corrupted NTFS volume can also generate this error. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If you cannot start the system due to the error, use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /r . For more information about the Recovery Console

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:33 15 Feb 07

Using Recovery Consul
click here
or
click here

kimbo2kimbo2 21:54 15 Feb 07

Thanks brundle,
also
Thanks terryf but ive tried doing this on a laptop & it wants to do a install in program files? (no good)
Thank you, Fruit Bat /\0/\,ive tried the ram thinking it could be one of the 512 chips but no good,no hardware has been added to the system recently?
cant run any diagnostics as no manual?
cant even run seagate util as it wants to install to h/d,
everytime i seem to try & get somewhere i.e like trying to re-install windows i get this message
boot failure,insert system disk & press enter ?
any ideas ?
Kim.

woodchip 22:05 15 Feb 07

You are having problems with the Hard Drive. Try a New Ribbone Cable first

Strawballs 22:18 15 Feb 07

Fruit Bat /\0/\ mentioned video ram if your graphics is via a card not onboard can you borrow another card to try or has it got onboard that you can try to rule out the card?

Rtus 22:55 15 Feb 07
  kimbo2kimbo2 23:14 15 Feb 07

Thank you,woodchip,i can use the other 1 from the the other h/d,.
Thank you, Strawballs, i will get hold of one from a friend ive just emailed, so i will also give this a try,
Thank you, Rtus, thats what i want,just downloaded it, thank you.
but thank you to all who have offered help & advice,im pulling my hair out on this,but i will take a rest from it for a couple of days,
but i will let you all know the outcome of what happens & to what the problem is.....
Kim.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac