XP Problems

Stevie 15:22 04 Aug 03

Just upgraded to XP and have some minor problems. Firstly the pC wont power off afetr closing down. Secondly I have my own account which has administartor right, the main administartor account and others with limited options. In my account when I try and change the display settings it tells me that the administarator has disabled the control panel. How can this be as I am an administarator.

Djohn 16:21 04 Aug 03

As to the second part of your question. Although you are logged on in your own account with "Admin" controls, these may be limited, and you will need to log on as "Administrator" to change any settings or to give your account full control. j.

Jester2K II 16:26 04 Aug 03

Djohn is correct. There is a difference between an "Administrator type" account and the "Administrator" account.

Boot into Safe Mode to access the Administrator account.

spikeychris 16:29 04 Aug 03

Following on from John, type Control userpasswords2 into run and hit enter. Add your self to the admins

Power-down >> Could be that APM is not enabled start -> settings -> control panel -> power options -> APM -> Enable advanced power management support. If it is enabled or it doesn't fix it then

click here

Chris

Stevie 20:55 04 Aug 03

Thanks your help solved the shutdown problem,but I still cant access the display options in control panel, even when I've followed the tips given. Any more ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…