xp problem recovered from seriouse error

Infamous 17:53 01 Apr 03

Hi just a quick query i had a stop error,but hasnt occured again cant remember which 1 it was. But hasnt happend since, now every time i boot up it loads up comes up with, system has revored from a seriouse error, every single time i boot up! Why does it keep doing that?

2100+ XP AMD
kt400 gigabte
256 ddr pc2700
120 gig HD WD
128 ati 9000 pro
Creative audighy live drive

AndySD 18:00 01 Apr 03

Go Start and Control Canel go to Admin tools and look in the Event Logs to see if its reported.

graham 18:04 01 Apr 03

Beat me to it!

Infamous 18:05 01 Apr 03

Thats the only error i see! its says system hanged, but everytime i boot up it keeps sayin system recovered from a seriouse error!

Error code 00000050, parameter1 fc7f1408, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 f96e44c8, parameter4 00000000.

carl48 18:12 01 Apr 03

I suppose you've tried the obvious thing - got chckdsk to run a scan and repair any errors?

Infamous 18:17 01 Apr 03

Its found errors on the HDD, should i go in xp recovery console and repair? wots the command chkdsk /r ? it said found error cannot fix in read only mode!

carl48 18:21 01 Apr 03

right click your hard disk drive (C or whatever), select Properties, Tools, Error checking, Check now. Then make your choices on the screen that comes up. Your computer will have to be rebooted before scandisk runs.

Alternatively, click on Start, run, and key in exactly as here:

cmd /k chkdsk /f

Click OK, Press Y. This will run checkdisk and fix any problems that are found.

Hope this helps.

Infamous 18:32 01 Apr 03

cheers for the help!, basicly wots happend now is windows runs chkdsk when i restart and dosent report any error, but still the message appears system has recovered from a seriouse error. And also if i run chkdsk in windows it says deleteting index etc, then says found errors but cant fix as in read only mode!, The comp is workin fine just annoyed this error keeps appearing! Any help please....

Infamous 18:35 01 Apr 03

forgot too say this wot chkdsk says!chkdsk discovered free space marked as allocated in the voloume bitmap!

carl48 19:00 01 Apr 03

Sounds like gobbledegook to me. The only other thing I can suggest is going back to one of your restore points made before this problem began. That should shift the message and you won't lose any of your data files (word processing etc), but it would remove any programs you have installed since making the restore point. You'd have to reinstall them.

Infamous 11:50 02 Apr 03

Just to let you know i solved the problem! Solved it using a microsoft article basicly had to delete the pagefile.sys in recovery console. Sometimes Xp when u get a stop error sometimes it logs it self in the pagefile and keeps appearing when xp pro restarts.
Its resolved now thanks for the help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…