XP--A problem as been detected.

spuds 23:48 27 Aug 03

I have posted recently, problems that I am having with printer installions. When I boot-up my computer, sometimes get the following blue screen message.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Page_Fault_In_NonPaged-Area.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,restart your computer.If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to makesure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any window updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer,press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:
***STOP:0X00000050 [0X923CE694,0X00000001,0X80556E9F,OX00000000.

I have re-installed the supplied Lexmark X5150 drivers twice now, and on test, the result sheet as stated that the printer as been installed correctly.Lexmark as been contacted, and they have sent email instructions. I have followed these instructions to the letter, and all seems fine until the computer crashes without warning.Indepedant test with the printer not connected to my computer seem to function okay.But when the printer is reconnected to the computer problems start to occure, like the above message, and sudden crashes with instant reboot, this happens when I try to print out any articles.

What does the Technical Information message means?.As usual, any help or advice will be gladly received.

Computer: AMD 2200-XP Pro-372mb memory?.

spuds 23:53 27 Aug 03

Sorry for the typo and grammar mistakes. Getting tired (;o(

Gaz 25 23:54 27 Aug 03
  spuds 19:30 28 Aug 03

Thanks for the link, but it would appear as though it applies to Windows NT 4.0. If it applies to XP Pro as well, then I am a little confused still, as to what it is suggesting.

I have had further info from Lexmark,but this was for not for XP. Will contact Lexmark again, as they seem to suggest that I do a msconfig or Add Spool 32 to Start Up Menu. All a little confusing for me. They also suggest checking Bi-directional communication?. Printer USB!.

Q-Bie 19:42 28 Aug 03

A Non Paged Area Memory fault usually means your RAM is faulty, windows is trying to allocate some RAM and is getting an error when reading/writing to it. It says None Paged because its refering to real RAM, and not Virtual Memory (Paged Memory)

Try downloading a program to test your RAM...
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…