XP pro v Win7

bumpkin 02 Sep 12
Answered

hi, can anyone explain to me how Win7 is an update from XP pro when it is not as good. Perhaps I have missed something. Ray

Nontek 02 Sep 12

I used to have XP Home, not the Pro version. Now using Win7 on a new laptop, the main advantage I can see is Win7's ability to use much more RAM. I expect others will give more detailed reasons! I would not agree that Win7 is not as good as XP.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 02 Sep 12

Why do you think its not as good?

XP is a twelve year old op system patched and bloated to fill the "holes"

Win 7 is Faster and more Secure.

for a lot of people XP is good enough until they require a new computer that will take advantage of Win 7's greater capabilities.

bumpkin 02 Sep 12

OK, here is an example, when I try to use the net it says enter your 8 digit code for the router, WHAT code from where? it does not explain.

Ray

onthelimit1 02 Sep 12

bumpkin

What on earth has that got to do with W7?

lotvic 02 Sep 12

"8 digit code for the router"

sounds like the Wireless password, on the sticker on back of router. There must be a setting so it is remembered somewhere. (So long since I did mine on Thinkpad I'm not sure where setting is)

bumpkin 02 Sep 12

Hi, yes it should be better, but I have yet to learn how to use it I suppose

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 03 Sep 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0d-dZTT5Q watch his video of how to connect wireless in win 7

xania 03 Sep 12
  xania 03 Sep 12
  bumpkin 03 Sep 12
Answer

Thanks for your replies, as pointed out by (onthelimit) I have diversified from the original posting so I will close.

Ray

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message