XP pro v Win7

bumpkin 21:42 PM 02 Sep 12

hi, can anyone explain to me how Win7 is an update from XP pro when it is not as good. Perhaps I have missed something. Ray

Nontek 22:10 PM 02 Sep 12

I used to have XP Home, not the Pro version. Now using Win7 on a new laptop, the main advantage I can see is Win7's ability to use much more RAM. I expect others will give more detailed reasons! I would not agree that Win7 is not as good as XP.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:19 PM 02 Sep 12

Why do you think its not as good?

XP is a twelve year old op system patched and bloated to fill the "holes"

Win 7 is Faster and more Secure.

for a lot of people XP is good enough until they require a new computer that will take advantage of Win 7's greater capabilities.

bumpkin 22:25 PM 02 Sep 12

OK, here is an example, when I try to use the net it says enter your 8 digit code for the router, WHAT code from where? it does not explain.

onthelimit1 22:29 PM 02 Sep 12

What on earth has that got to do with W7?

lotvic 22:44 PM 02 Sep 12

"8 digit code for the router"

sounds like the Wireless password, on the sticker on back of router. There must be a setting so it is remembered somewhere. (So long since I did mine on Thinkpad I'm not sure where setting is)

bumpkin 22:44 PM 02 Sep 12

Hi, yes it should be better, but I have yet to learn how to use it I suppose

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:43 PM 03 Sep 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0d-dZTT5Q watch his video of how to connect wireless in win 7

xania 14:57 PM 03 Sep 12
  xania 14:57 PM 03 Sep 12
  bumpkin 20:54 PM 03 Sep 12

Thanks for your replies, as pointed out by (onthelimit) I have diversified from the original posting so I will close.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November