XP Pro User Account Login problem

Nickelback1 14:26 08 Jul 06

My laptop user ID was Administator, when I created a new account with administrator rights to use as login, I loggged in on it & immediatly the old one dissappeared.
Now I left withvertually no programmes or settings, its back to when it was new 3 years ago!
How do I restore the old default login ?
I have already tried Windows restore to no avail - Help?

phono 14:36 08 Jul 06

The old Administrator account may still be there, try booting up in safe mode to see if it is, if so log on and try a system restore from there or possibly even deleting the new ID.

Stuartli 14:42 08 Jul 06

Have you checked out User Accounts in Control Panel?

phono 14:49 08 Jul 06

Good point, I assumed that had been done but as you rightly say it may not.

Nickelback1 14:50 08 Jul 06

Thx for the responses.
I have checked User accounts & it's not there.
I have tried to use restore but it will not restore to anything, just say's it was unable to do it?
I try safe mode to see if I can see it now?

Nickelback1 15:03 08 Jul 06

Update,
I can see it in safe mode, log in on it (default one), but it will not let me delete or change the new one as it thinks that it is the only administarator on the laptop when it is'nt.
How do I get around this ?

phono 15:05 08 Jul 06

When you log in in safe mode do you have all your settings back? Can you do a system restore from safe mode?

phono 15:12 08 Jul 06

Try click here and the appropriate link at click here to see if you can copy your previous Administrator settings to a new account.

Nickelback1 16:08 08 Jul 06

Update,
Tried doing a restore from Safe Mode, - same result - no go!
Will try your idea's now phono - Thx.

Nickelback1 22:57 10 Jul 06

Sorted @ last, solution was to create a guest user, reboot laptop in safe mode, copy settings file in c drive to new user - reboot - job done!!
Thanks for all your help gang

phono 00:48 11 Jul 06

Glad to see you're sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…