XP pro System Volume Information

Frows 06:47 10 May 04

XP pro - p4 2.8
AVG antivirus detecting worm (Lovsan.A) in
C:\System Volume Information\_restore ......
AVG will not delete this worm file.
Can anyone please steer me to access this folder and delete file (Access Denied via My Computer route).

Many thanks

€dstowe 06:53 10 May 04

The worm is hidden in your System Restore files which virus checkers don't have access (that's why you are getting the message that AVG cannot remove it.

The cure is to turn off Systm Restore temporarily, run your A/V to remove the worm and then re-instate System Restore. It means you will have lost your restore points but that is a small price for getting rid of the nasties.

howard60 06:55 10 May 04

you have to switch off system restore to remove the worm stored in the restore folder. right click on my computer and tab on the left - system restore then click in the left hand box which turns off restore. Then run avg again and it should show no virus detected - then take the tick out of the system restore box to switch it on again.

Frows 12:49 10 May 04

Super service ! and early Monday morning as well !!
Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…