XP Pro startup

Tim-221156 08:25 21 Oct 03

Every time I start or restart my system it starts loading then restarts. I disabled automatic reboot and get a message "hidclass.sys driver unloaded without canceling pending operations". After rebooting the system runs scandisk and reports no errors and starts up normally. I am new to windows xp and am not sure what I should be looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

alcudia 08:36 21 Oct 03

It's a USB driver, possibly for a mouse. If you have a problem with it click here for a new one.

Tim-221156 17:06 21 Oct 03

The usb driver on this link is a lot older than the version I have got on my system, will this matter? I havnt't got a usb mouse, the usb devices on this system are cable modem and sidewinder joystick.

alcudia 16:53 22 Oct 03

The latest version is 5.1.2600 dated 16/6/03. It seems to come with one of the service packs. You could try Windows Update and check for later drivers. Yours may have become corrupted. It resides in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Tim-221156 19:27 23 Oct 03

I have installed a service pack for xp and it seems to have cured my problem. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…